Sunday, September 7, 2014

Food Trip 19 - Fried Chicken

There was a newly opened branch of a 'mouth watering' chicken and pork near my place.  I know its main branch and they are having their expansion.  Since I have been rearing to try their fried chicken for a long time already, I also wanted to find out if their 'mouth watering' name is indeed true.

An order of a whole fried chicken is cheaper compared with other stores selling grilled chicken and oven-roasted chicken.  When it was delivered, I was trying to smell if it has something unique in it.  No smell whatsoever except for the smell of the oil and chicken.  I was thinking that most probably it has a good taste.  Alas!  The taste was bland and the taste of old used oil was despicable.  The taste of much more cheaper chicken parts by the roadside taste even better compared to what they were trying to sell.  There was nothing special to the taste and it was like eating a dry chicken deep fried in used oil.  No wonder, after several months they closed their second branch.

No comments:

Post a Comment