Sunday, August 17, 2014

Food Trip 16 - Ampalaya

I am not a vegie lover.  Though I happened to eat some vegetables like beans, langka, malunggay, and squash, I am not into for the rest of the vegetables.  Though folks at home are fond of eating vegetables, my liking is not really like theirs.

Perhaps, ampalaya is one of those vegies that I don’t like to eat.  Its bitter taste is the one thing I really don’t appreciate.  Though people say that it is a good source for healthier blood and some vitamins, my past taste test always deter me from eating that one again.

One time, my sister-in-law convinced me that she could prepare ampalaya without its bitter taste.  I watched how she prepared it.  She blanched first the thinly sliced ampalaya and rubbed enough salt to it afterwards.  When cooked with egg, I did gave it a try.  And for the first time, I appreciate eating ampalaya without its bitter taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment